August 23, 2012

Target Confirmed: Put Your Claws Up







Behold the AMBUSH Design Claw Ring. This baby has just enough whimsy to be classified as cute, and all the danger required in my prerequisites for jewelry. I first saw this baby on CL, the leader for the K-pop group 2NE1. I worship those girls with no apologies and their ring game is always on point. On one interview, CL was whipping her hand around with these huge claws on them and my heart skipped a beat. When I went to their show last Friday she was wearing the rings again in multiple colors and I was researching by the time I sat down on the train ride home. The ring is by the Japanese designer AMBUSH as part of their HOLY MOUNTAIN collection. Evil eyes, claws, crosses, and furs AND SEN M. IS MODELING OMGOMGOMG all strike a chord with me and my fate was sealed.



The only catches were the Japanese website and sizing, so I had to task a friend to translate for me. You have to put in all your information and they send you a confirmation email in about a week before you process the actual payment (still waiting for my confirmation - but let me know if you need help when ordering from the US). If you are curious, I am going to pull the trigger on the silver and blue claws in a size 16, the Japanese equivalent of my size 8 ring finger. You can also see the ring featured in the latest issue of i-D on newstands now.

- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment