September 6, 2013

David Hart Spring Summer 2014 Backstage






















David Hart's SS14 collection is a brilliant display of menswear.  The aesthetic clearly takes cues from the past, but proportions and details keep each piece modern and wearable.  I wanted to take the whole collection home!  His masterful use of color and print are surpassed only by the quality of the clothes - craftsmanship we have already come to know and love from Hart's famous tie collections.  The Hawaiian vintage vacation theme was set to the live sounds of Nick Waterhouse.  From the music to the styling, the show was an excellent production.

It was an honor to shoot backstage for the Oribe Hair team, led by Kien Hoang.  I have worked on set in San Francisco with Kien before, and it was a delight that a model from the Bay Area was cast in the show as well.  It was such a surprise you guys I literally gasped when they announced this and everyone turned and looked at me it was really awkward when I found out Nick Waterhouse was playing live for the runway show and presentation!  Such a special group made me miss home.

- jerome  

No comments:

Post a Comment