February 11, 2011

Target Acquired: Burberry Prorsum Biker Sandal

Shirt by Robert Gellar, Bracelets by Hermés, Khakis by J.Crew, Biker Sandals by Burberry Prorsum

I love a good gladiator sandal. Before you go judging me about it, I promise I have never worn them with tights (unless those tights were topped with a pair of shorts in an appropriate length a la Tisci), and I am quite selective. My current inventory includes Juun.J and Marséll. My newest precious is the Burberry Prorsum Biker Sandal from the SS2010 Collection.


I love the shape, color, and hardware to this sandal despite its close resemblance to the Birkenstock. The layered straps create interest when pants cover the ankle straps, and the grommets are a subtle detail that makes all the difference. At first I was put off by the suede tongue, but now I am in love with the texture. The cork sole is comfortable and refreshing for my footwear collection. Note that there are three versions available in the collection. One option is a "low top" version of the sandal I have that has a leather tongue. Then there is a sandal with a zipper tongue lined with grommeted eyelets and a double ankle strap. The former looked awkward just covering my feet and the latter was way too gay too busy. Check out these styles on Luisa Via Roma. I purchased my sandals at the Burberry flagship here in San Francisco, which oddly enough are the only style not available on the site. If you are interested, inquire quickly. The buy for Burberry Prorsum in general is quite narrow, and I have it on good authority that most stores (if they are lucky enough to get the sandals) receive only one pair in each size.


- jerome

5 comments:

  1. I was thinking about getting those same sandals!

    What do you usually wear them with? Would they look okay you think with a dressy, slim-fitting pair of pants/jeans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. I usually wear them with any slim fit trouser, as long as it is tailored and slightly cropped. I purposefully chose this style (amongst the three versions of the biker sandal) so that if I were to wear a full length pant, the sandal would still look interesting. I sometimes wear these with jeans, and not always slim fit. A carrot silhouette also works. These are really a versatile silhouette because though they are technically sandals, the width of the leather and the design still say "shoe."

    PERFECT FOR SPRING/SUMMER.

    - jerome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried everywhere looking for them and i can't seem to find them.... so desperate on them, WOULD love if you can direct me to a link for them, i tried every store in Canada and is not there, is it off the self?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have been off the shelf for a while, mate. Sorry! I know what it is like to be desperate for a piece from seasons past. But always try eBay! What size are you by the way? I can keep an eye out?

    - Jerome

    ReplyDelete