June 25, 2011

I Wanna See You Peacock-cock-cock-cock


I miss Milano very much. It will always hold a special place in my heart. I cultivated my photography style in Milan, both in the club and on the street. Going over Tommy Ton's photos brought back a surge of nostalgia. I wish that I could be there for fashion week again with my friends, celebrating every night at PLASTIC. My favorite thing about Milan is that everyone is always dressed - and dressed well.


My current basic formula for an outfit includes a nice collared shirt, some bracelets, and some color. The Milanese have it down. It seems as if every well dressed man has a blazer, a striped cuff, and a stack of beads. European men are not so shy when it comes to dressing up, nor are they bashful with their brights. In the US, unfortunately, it is such an event when a straight man decides to get dressed in colorful hues. I Pitti Uomo pity these American men.

Coming in July, I will be in New York for vacation. I am already planning my wardrobe as it will be sweltering and my Bay Area arsenal of outerwear and shirting will be rendered useless. It has been a busy few weeks and the break is much needed. Hopefully I can post more. Until then, enjoy the sun everyone!!

- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment