September 21, 2011

Sally LaPointe SS2012


I had the pleasure of attending the Sally LaPointe Spring 2012 runway show during New York Fashion Week. What a pleasant treat! My seat didn't allow for the best photos so definitely check out the full collection when you can. I love the balance between structured tailoring and goddess drapery. There is also a smart combination of kimono and cocktail. The collection was backed by a powerful, moving soundtrack. The inspiration was the Renwick Ruins, "...an abandoned smallpox hospital still standing on Roosevelt Island, NYC...a haunted romanticism..."


This was my first show at NYFW. It was so beautiful! The weather could not have been more perfect. Apparently it had been raining the entire week before Anthony and I arrived. When we landed, the heat and sunshine came for our entire stay. Walking back to the apartment from the show, I knew that I had to move to NYC.

On our way to the airport to go back to San Francisco, it started raining.

- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment