January 22, 2012

Out of the Office

So posting during my vacation isn't going as swimmingly as planned. I have been super busy here in the Philippines. It is so wonderful to reconnect with my family and remember where they are from. Philippines is an entirely different world (if not for the simple fact that I paid the equivalent of 80 cents for a bottled water at a big ticket concert). I am only beginning my third day and already the most amazing things have happened:

1. Slept almost the entire 12 hour flight (15 hour travel time) thanks to the comfy business class seats
2. I had my palm read by one of the most respected healers in San Thomas (all good things I think)
3. Acquired some amazing pieces at Hermés, including a silk shirt on sale!
4. Indulged in a 5 hour spa session
5. Met up with a new friend at a gallery opening for renowned photographer Perou at the Ayala Museum in Makati
6. People keep thinking I am an "Artista" or actor/teen idol
7. Watched Katy Perry on whim, live, in the last show of her California Dreams Tour

The trip has also been one ENDLESS FOOD DIET FAIL EXTRAVAGANZA. Where this whole, "You look like Coco Martin!" thing comes from is a mystery to my bloated self. I blame it on my lack of jet-lag - the balance must be upheld. But I am not so worried about the scale seeing as I have the rest of the winter to trim down when I get back. The ultra luxe Shangri-La Hotel has been fun. They have security at the front door with sniffing dogs and metal detectors that kind of makes me nervous and impressed at the same time. I leave for the white sand beaches of Boracay tomorrow where wi-fi probably won't - and shouldn't - be had, so I thought a small update was in order.

Being out of California and singing a song as cheesy as "California Girls" really made me realize how much pride I have for the Bay. Let's leave nostalgia and sentiment for later... I leave for paradise tomorrow!!

- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment