January 13, 2012

Glamour Shots



I found out what GPOY meant. I'm not sure that was the best discovery.


Vintage Motorcycle Jacket, H&M x Versace Sweater, Naked and Famous Denim, Nike Air Jordan 3, Hermés Bag

There are a couple of things I want to share with you all. First, I "borrowed" my brother's Jordan's after rolling my ankle during Christmas. No one is more surprised than I am, but somehow they go great with everything. I've never been a sneaker head so the borrow was purely out of necessity. Walking with a rolled ankle is impossible in unforgiving, leather brogues. Jordan's became my orthopedic shoes and my ankle's best friend. Two words: ARCH SUPPORT. Also, here is a close up of my initials stamped into the reverse side of the touret on my black Birkin. I like my monograms discreet, so this is the place I chose for all of them.


Yesterday, I finally styled a shoot after a long hiatus of active creative work. It was so much fun! The theme I conjured was "a motorcycle jacket for every man." My collection of outerwear has grown over the years, resulting in a strange mixture I am fond and proud of. Looking at the variations on one consistent item in my wardrobe (leather jackets) showed me how I came to my current styling choices. I have been so confused about my attraction to random styles, trying to make Rick Owens and J.Crew fit together. Perhaps it all makes sense when you look at the OCD preppy phase in my youth, the vintage/glam adventures I had in college, my quest for androgynous perfection, big brother's influence throughout my life, and my label obsessions in between.


- jerome

2 comments:

  1. That jacket is gorgeous. What brand is it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I actually bought it on eBay for $18.00 haha! It doesn't have a label, but it is a real motorcycle jacket. It keeps me warm and it is super durable, but already broken in. I also lost a combined 78 hours of my life combing through countless auctions to find this jacket, but when I compare that to the hours I have lost watching the movie Titanic, it was the blink of an eye.

    - jerome

    ReplyDelete