July 10, 2011

Thinking of You

The following are a few images that represent my life. I haven't been able to blog with as much frequency as I would like because I am either exhausted from work or exhausted from working out. I have about 10 days left before I leave for sweltering New York, and I cannot hide my NOT READY FOR bikini season body in a tank top. The weather has actually been nice this past week in San Francisco, and I urge anyone to take advantage of it when they can. Anyway, here are some of my favorite things:

Hermés 40cm Etoupe Birkin

A few days ago, I was meeting up with my Niece's mother at Hermés because she couldn't find the Starbucks I use as a meeting point near my work. That alone was fate. But upon entering, I experienced deja vu when one of the sales associates brought out an artisan fresh 40cm Etoupe Clemence Birkin to the center of the room for replenishment. Remember, that is how I acquired my first Birkin. The Etoupe is one of the most beautiful colors of leather, and the contrast white stitching signifies the quality craftsmanship in the bag. This color is now at the very top of my list for Hermés bag goals. I couldn't afford another, let alone a second Birkin in the span of 3 months. But it is a life goal! Soon after I put it down, the gaysian that tried to buy my 40cm Black Birkin the day I got it came in and asked my opinion. He is a fan of Togo leather, but didn't have any Clemence yet. He casually tossed his HAC aside and said, "I have a couple of these." EYES ROLL. I told him if he didn't buy it, I would. AND THEN HE BOUGHT IT BEFORE MY VERY EYES. And after that, the cousin I met up with told me she had a 40cm Black Crocodile Birkin and my head exploded. I graciously accepted the beverage she offered to get me.

Hermés Silver Collier De Chien

Anja Rubik doesn't need to sell me on the bracelet she is wearing. I think I want the silver CDC before I would acquire an exotic. This editorial shot for Vogue Nippon's June 2011 issue captures the style and attitude that I want my clothes to express right now: polished but tough, rough and a little ridiculous. Note the pairings of tailored and embellished garments in the full spread, seen here.

BADAYUM! RED CARPET PERFECTION

It must be Blake Lively. In a Marchesa dress. On the red carpet. I see a gorgeous gown that covers up one of my favorite actresses who usually shows off more of her assets (although, in a classy way. Minus the leaked n00dz. I try to block it out). But let's be real here: you can still see her mile high legs. The gown is sheer, but it creates this incredibly regal look that cannot be beat. I wonder if anyone else at the BAFTA Brits to Watch Gala was as insecure as I feel now after seeing this picture. Did I mention I spent 2 hours at the gym this morning? Even Catherine the Duchess of Cambridge was in attendance, but still could not hold a candle to my girl Blake.

Oldie But Goodie

This picture was tumbled to death on tumblr, but it is still pretty funny to me. And even though this post doesn't contain a lick of menswear, I thought you should all know that I miss writing about it. Once this New York trip is over I think things will slow down and I will be able to share more photos.


This Is My Jam

This song is on the playlist at my work. It is pretty old (from 2006) and I am not sure I really like any of the other songs by the artist. It is funny when that happens. This song makes me feel sentimental about this winter-in-summer season we are having in SF.

- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment