December 5, 2011

Spring in December

Blazer by Oscar de la Renta, Shirt by Uniqlo, Khakis by J.Crew, Loafers by Burberry Prorsum, Cuff by Hermés, Skull Bracelet by Links of London, PS1 Bag by Proenza Schouler, Thrifted and Vintage rings and bracelet

On the first day of December I visited the Ford Models offices here in San Francisco to scout candidates for a possible photoshoot. I have been dying to shoot the Burberry Prorsum studded jacket on the right guy! While browsing some of the new faces, a photo shoot featuring snowfall caught my attention. It dawned on me that I was wearing full blown Spring attire on what should have been a brisk winter's day. San Francisco's late summer barely lasted a week, and my spring clothes feel a little cheated. Living in actual seasons is another reason why I am excited to move to New York.


Behold my re-furbished PS1. To my dismay (or perhaps my mistreatment) my PS1 had gradually faded to a brown color. It was lovely, but the smoke color was one of the main reasons I bought the bag. To get the leather conditioned, protected, and back to its original hue, I dropped it off at Anthony's Shoe Repair. They are pricey and the service is not the greatest (I had to wait 4 weeks after they quoted me 2), but it was worth the wait. My sad distressed bag came back almost factory fresh. Actually, I have to break it in again, only this time the color should stay.

- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment