August 13, 2010

Reporting for Duty

Zippy Shirt by Burberry, Tee by Brian Lichtenberg for BITNB, Khakis by J.Crew, Boots by Burberry Prorsum

I am pretty sure that am feeling the resurgence of the military trend this season. This will come quite handy even in the summer months when I find myself too body conscious to pull off all-white gauzy ensembles (like I summer in the Hamptons anyway). I recently picked up this shirt during a shopping trip with some friends. We were trying on new tops (oddly enough I was the only gay present at the time) and had this whole conversation about underpinnings as outerwear. The topic came about after I tried on a Dries Van Noten shirt that had an elastic band on the hem that created a bomber effect. I am still desperately trying to save up for the green PS1 It was a bit out of my price range so I put it down.


My pleasure in layering collared shirts called when I stumbled upon this Burberry shirt. It did not have the elastic waist, but the zipper closure made it irresistible. There is still a button at the top for fashion-cholo mode, but mostly I am in love with the details. The D-ring on the back adds a touch of utility while the brown buttons decorate the epaulets and settle as a trio at the cuffs. I am in love with this color!!




I am currently tackling a pork tenderloin as I type this, praying it will cook all the way through. Other than that I don't really see any battles in the near future, but at least I will be outfitted for a good fight. I wish Cammy and Guile would wear Burberry. How sick would it be to see them in Prorsum??!! Just me? Fine.


- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment