May 21, 2010

Moroccan Magic

Bronze Long Tee by Rick Owens, Safari Jacket by Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane, Khakis by J.Crew, Vintage Boots and Gifted Jewels

My good friend Brian celebrated his 25th birthday this week at a local restaurant called Marrakesh. The exterior is quite captivating, but I never thought to actually go in because it is in the Tenderloin and I don't want to die I am a scaredy-cat. The theme for our outfits was supposed to be "ETHNIC" so walking in the TL dressed like this and carrying a handbag was already drawing unwanted attention. Only Brian would have chosen the perfect theme and setting to try out such an "exotic" place. Inside the haunt (or at least in our VIP section!) were walls of Persian decoration and elaborate fixtures, both serving as the perfect setting for the delicious Moroccan food. The cocktail of the night was the Moroccan Magic: basically their version of a Long Island Iced- Tea, and a sure bet to get your buzz going quick. The hookah and belly dancers made it even more authentic, though the magic show was kind of random. It was a splendid evening I wish could have been documented, but I unfortunately left my camera at home (SOMEONE PLEASE GET ME A POINT AND SHOOT BECAUSE I SIMPLY CANNOT HAUL AROUND MY SLR TO EVERY DINNER I GO TO).

Anyway, this was my ensemble for the evening. Somehow I decided I was an explorer who liked ethnic jewelry, which is kind of true considering I live vicariously through my parents and their travels. My mother brought me back jewelry from Mexico, Israel, and Egypt, as per my request; but man do they have an eye!

Coincidentally, I ran into my gaysian the next day and discussed how much the monochromatic scale of camel, cream, and bone was trickling down into stores. I love this color palette, and we can all thank Phoebe Philo, Celine, and Jesus for the resurgence.

- jerome

4 comments:

  1. loving - loving more with strappy leather SANDALS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. those j-crew pants are killing! I needs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIGHT?! I wish I had the Lanvin macrame sandals! The gladiators will be making a cameo as spring weather develops, but trust that I cannot wear that shiz in the TL :(

    In the meantime, get ready for the H&M cage sandals!!

    - jerome

    ReplyDelete