July 27, 2010

Burberry for Interview Magazine

HOLY DELICIOUSNESS


Check out the August issue of Interview for a, uh, interview with Christopher Bailey. London's Burberry's wunderkind (wait, he's 39?!!) naturally stays on topic with his brand's vision and current events but manages to answer questions truthfully and respectfully, and always with such gracious humility. Read the interview here. And it is legit if you ask me, I met him!!

But how lush are these photos! Stylist Karl Templer plays with the many textures of Burberry Prorsum's A/W 2010 collection, layering shearling atop heavy wool topcoats. BRILLIANT. Craig McDean photographs these luxurious pieces, bringing a dark and smoldering aura to Bailey's creations.



"I live with my eyes open. I never try to force myself to be inspired. I’m not someone who feels that they have to go to a foreign country or another culture to look for inspiration. Without sounding like a ponce, I think life is such a journey that you’re kind of discovering things the whole time. When you’re conscious of that and you don’t take it for granted, and when you meet new people and see beautiful things and get to travel the way we do in this industry, you can be constantly inspired. The trick is to recognize that and keep a little bank of impressions in your head. And who knows when they are going to pop out for you. But I never look for inspiration. When you start to say, “Okay, now I’ve got to think of something for the next collection,” it never works. You end up being blocked." - Christopher Bailey



- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment