June 24, 2010

Color Block Tango

Milan Fashion Week has come to a close. One of my favorite trends that has emerged for Spring 2011 is color blocking. Raf did wonders for Jil Sander, and the following shows struck major chords with me too.

The whole reason I got into Giuliano Fujiwara was my obsession with his open-toe boots. Little did I know the style, and so much more with embellished gladiator sandals, would be a full-fledged trend - but that is another post. Check out the use of color, shape, and texture in this collection. I like the geometry of these designs, as well as the variety. Here is a collection that delivers pants, shorts, tops, boots, shoes, sandals, and more in colorways that coordinate. Bravo.

Marni makes magic with simple shapes that are classic yet incredibly modern thanks to the clever use of color. This neo-preppy style really speaks to my current wardrobe mood. Add some leather goods and gladiators and you have some serious summer style.

There is not much to say about this collection, other than it is a home run with me. Basic, logo-less, cropped, and colored looks are the stuff dreams are made of. Thank you, Marc Jacobs :)

- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment