December 15, 2009

The Truth About Christmas Shopping


News Reporter Jacket by 3.1 Phillip Lim, Gray Denim Jacket by h&m, Jumper by N.HOOLYWOOD, Jeans by Uniqlo, Belt by Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane, Boots by alfredoBANNISTER, YSL Easy Bag by Yves Saint Laurent


Happy Holidays, everyone! This is my favorite time of the year, and not just because of the shopping and sales involved. But lets be honest, shopping sales everywhere is always a reason to make something your favorite. On a recent shopping trip, I realized that I have a few personal rules when getting dressed to go shopping. The general theme of my outfit is relaxed but put together. I like to pair tailored pieces with deconstructed or textured layers. This allows me to be stylish, practical, and comfortable which is very important, especially when I am shopping for other people.

Other rules of holiday shopping include: Have a list of people to shop for or else you will end up with more things for yourself, never shop on an empty stomach or you will get cranky and buy more to try and cheer you up, and (when buying for yourself) only buy things that are on sale. The holiday season is perfect for sale items. Full-priced merchandise can be purchased later after a few weeks and paychecks, but sale items in your size or on your list will only be at that low price NOW.

I also find it helpful to have a spacious, but comfortable bag with you. Carry your Moleskin, phone, lists, iPhone, and other essentials with you so you do not forget anything or anyone.

- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment