December 18, 2009

ITS ALL ABOUT COLOR ITS ALL ABOUT JOY ITS ALL ABOUT FASHION ITS ALL ABOUT FUN

We don't always have to agree with fashion gods, do we? Despite my current (and perhaps ironic and totally late) Louis Vuitton fetish, I am not so crazy about the last show. I liked some of the shapes and dresses, and there were some handbags that I cannot wait to see in person, but...


I was so happy, then, to watch HABILLÉES POUR L'ÉTÉ 2010 (DRESSED UP FOR SUMMER 2010) (again, totally late) and see Mademoiselle Agnès run the Paris fashion week marathon without immediately embracing Marc Jacobs's show for Louis Vuitton. "Some designers... Whether their collection is good or not, are interviewed for hours," she commented. Wise (fightin') words.

I remember many of my classmates in fashion school at a constant gasp, clutching their pearls every time we were assigned to review different shows during fashion month. Their commentary usually sounded something like, "It was amazing, like really original and just- amazing." But why? They had no real specifics as to why this was "amazing" or how that was original after a week of research and a paper in front of them.

Like men, it takes me some time to fall in love with a collection. I need to figure out how pieces can be worn, how it is art, why I love or hate or am annoyed by it. But there is such a thing as love at first sight, and I respect that.


I will tell you that I cannot wait to see the new speedy bags with shoulder straps, and I am pretty sure I will be picking up a tassel or two.

- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment