October 4, 2010

Stuff I Wish Guys Could Wear

Guys who wear women's clothing are usually/apparently/eventually gay. And if you think those guys who wear ladies' clothing "because Miuccia is a genius" are straight because you hooked-up with them... chances are I know a few men who have too. I may be generalizing here, but only from personal experience. I am obviously not a homophobe and I fully support self expression, but c'mon ladies, YOU ARE PROBABLY NOT LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE DATING PELAYO DIAZ.

For years I have shopped for both menswear and womenswear. It was never my intention to do drag, but at one time it was impossible to find jeans tight enough or jersey that draped properly in the men's section. One of my New Year's resolutions was to stop shopping in the female section (except for handbags and accessories of course) because I find that I end up selling back most of the womenswear I buy. This might have something to do with realizing my body type is not as androgynous as I would like - or maybe tastes are changing. I have actually held to this resolution all year, but every now and then there will be a revelation that tempts me. For example: Céline Spring/Summer 2011.

HAIL PHOEBE, FULL OF GRACE


Phoebe Philo captured my heart years ago with her work at Chloé and returns to rock my world by reinventing minimalism at Céline. For SS2011 Philo uses color print blocking in a variety of looks. This design element, paired with modern silhouettes and crafty textures, all make my heart flutter. Sure, the leather tunic may not be so masculine, but I swear I could really fall in love with those printed-track-suit-things. Don't even get me started on the bags. I normally do not cover womenswear on this blog even though I follow it closely. Philo's collection was just too good not to write about!! I hope you have all enjoyed the shows!!


- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment