February 20, 2010

An Opening Ceremony


The OPENING CEREMONY X LEVI'S Collaboration party was a wonderful night in San Francisco. A much needed gathering of creatives, I was pleasantly surprised by the crowd of well-dressed, non-pretentious people. It was exciting to discover a new legion of movers and shakers within the 7x7, amongst a sea of the friendly faces I am happy to have known for so long.

The OC X Levi's collection consists of a variety of separates in a charming selection of spring colors, fabricated in corduroy; a marriage of forward thinking and vintage Americana. I am particularly fond of the lavender hue that I have been itching to wear in Spring since Winter! Levi's is known all over the world for quality denim and trusted cuts. It is an established and respected brand that has evolved from an original idea. From that perspective, a collaboration between Levi's and Opening Ceremony, a boutique that is a platform for emerging talent from all over the world, seems so natural.


The party was quite the soiree. One thing I love about San Francisco events is the comfort of knowing that you will inevitably run into a friend. Bumping elbows with DJs, bloggers, and industry heavy weights is even more fun when amplified by an open bar, smores, and good company. And as always, I love a good dance floor. Local band Wallpaper., whom I previously posted about, played a great set that was followed by nostalgic jams from the 1990's, courtesy of DJ Jeffrey Paradise. It was a strange feeling to be dancing and drinking around all the merchandise! I went in the next day with my shopping list, surrounded by unsuspecting tourists who have no clue as to how much fun that I (and all the hungover employees) had the previous night.

Co-founder of Opening Ceremony Humberto Leon (far right) with local tailoring genius Al (center) of Al's Attire

Eric Frederic and Arjun Singh of Wallpaper.

Jeffrey Paradise (left) during a well received DJ set




SF really needed something like this. I am glad to see we are moving forward, and I hope to see more collaborations, establishments, and events like this in the near future. A special thanks to Ava Berlin. Looks from the collection to follow. XO!

UPDATE: I just realized I didn't update my copyright when watermarking these photos. Please don't laugh at me... or steal my pictures.


- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment