February 15, 2010

Nature v. Nurture

Shirt by Yigal Azrouël, Trench by Burberry, Bells by Adriano Goldschmied, Vintage Boots, Nature Tote by Bree

In an attempt to move this blog forward, I finally took a stab at taking pictures of myself. It seemed like a good day to do it since San Francisco was bright today. It was only for the afternoon, of course, and the fog is rolling in now. During that brief window of sun I took the opportunity to take my Limited Edition Honolulu Special Bree Tote out for a spin. I purchased the exclusive design last July at the Bree flagship store in Hawaii (the only one in the U.S.A.). It is from the Nature series, meaning it is made entirely of vegetable tanned natural leather. Exposure to the sun will keep changing the bag's color until it finally tans to a deep cognac shade! Purchasing the new bag was such a treat because it starts off as a pale, blush tone. I do not take out the bag too often because of San Francisco's weather (rain and dampness can leave unsightly water marks), so here is where my bag's color is at now. I growed it myself! In the picture, you can see the bag's original tone on the change purse that comes attached inside the bag. It is always protected from the sun inside so it hasn't changed very much in color.


This is also another day where I am not wearing black. It is so strange to return to that mode. I am even wearing Bell Bottoms that have not seen the light of day since 2008. It is refreshing to wear bottoms that are not shrink wrapped to my legs. The jeans are even loose in the thigh, which makes them infinitely more comfortable. The only drawback is that I have to wear them with these boots because the cut of the jeans is only flattering with the right shoe. It is no surprise that the one pair of shoes that could go with this vintage cut are a pair of vintage boots.

- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment