February 22, 2010

Papa's Got a Brand New Bag

Corduroy Shirt by Opening Ceremony X Levis, Tonal Check Shirt by Burberry, Shorts by A.P.C., Huarache Sandals by Jeffrey Campbell, Sunglasses by Tom Ford, Mason Bag by Heritage Leather Co.

After a full work week, I was prepared to sleep in, shop online, and listen to the endless rain that all the forecasts said was coming. It was a pleasant surprise when I awoke to a beautiful day. I think it's a good sign when the bad weather takes a break on my days off. Today was a good opportunity to wear the lavender I've been obsessed with and let my Mason Bag have its day in the sun. Papa's got a brand new bag.


The Mason Bag is one heavy duty sidekick. Made to hold a carpenter's basic necessities, the Mason is built to be durable and trustworthy. It naturally maintains its shape because of the steel frame opening and the leather and plywood base that reinforces the bag. It served me well when I ran a few errands today. The large, inner pocket kept all of my personals separate from the groceries I had picked up. Everything was secured inside when I dropped the bag thanks to the belt straps (I am a klutz, but thankfully I didn't buy eggs or anything). This is not the bag for someone in a hurry. Since it was built with a purpose other than being a cute hold all, the Mason does not afford easy access because of the secure closure. The bag itself is also heavier than most handbags, but its size makes it a practical bag for lazy errands or travel.

The bag is literally a blank canvas that I constantly think about having customized. My initials will surely be part of the design. The Mason Bag comes in larger sizes and is available through Hickoree's Hard Goods. Check out the online store for this bag and other sweet finds!

- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment