February 6, 2010

Fall Will Be a Cinch!

There are many different things I am excited about for the Autumn/Winter 2010-2011 season. Various trends have emerged from the runway shows, so I have started forecasting what I think will be on the streets (or at the very least, what I will be wearing). It appears that the top heavy silhouette is here to stay, but a prominent variation on the look comes in the form of belted ensembles. Cinched waists have been shown on many a runway so far, from Milan to Stockholm. Belted coats look romantic and refined, adding sophistication to outerwear pieces. I am not sure if it will be a full fledged trend, but it is a classic look that the mainstream male audience will be exposed to in the following seasons.

1. A belted look spotted by Tommy Ton for GQ.com 2. Lanvin 3. Ann Demeulemeester 4. Smalto 5. Wooyoungmi 6. Viktor & Rolf

Other trends for A/W include mid-calf combat boots and shearling. And though my excitement for Spring and Summer continues to grow, the Fall shows keep my interest in warmer clothes because San Francisco is still in a cold spell. There is rain and fog, sun and wind. I am keeping my collars high and my radar on Fall until the season changes.


BLOG UPDATE: Check out the side bar on the right to see my running wishlist. Actually, I need those things.

- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment