February 11, 2010

RIP Alexander McQueen

Lee Alexander Mcqueen, 17 March 1969 - 11 February 2010


What happens when an Icon dies? I do not know how to feel right now. The world is in mourning, but my thoughts and prayers go with Mcqueen's loved ones. A tragic, major, and heartbreaking loss for the fashion world. Thank you for everything... just, everything.

UPDATE: I am home from work, and I spent the day trying to verbalize how I feel about such a huge loss, but I am at a total loss for words. I am not alone in feeling this way. I couldn't agree more with Scott Schuman when he says:

"I'm rereading what I wrote and what has been written on other sites and blogs. All very nice but I still feel so unsatisfied, so empty, even a little mad. When a big time movie star or politician dies someone like Tom Brokaw has always been there to help put it into perspective. If it was a sports star, fans would talk about it for days on talk radio. However, for someone that loves fashion Alexander McQueen is just gone and no one seems to be able to make sense of it. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to turn to make it feel right or understandable. I don't have any answers for you either. All I know is this sucks."

This might take a little more than a day to digest. What do you do when a hero takes the fall?

- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment