February 17, 2010

Sun + Spring = Shorts

Shirt by Patrik Ervell, Shorts by Tim Hamilton, Custom Harness by Zana Bayne, Sandals by Marsèll, Ambassade Briefcase by Goyard

The sun was shining in San Francisco! It was exactly what I have been waiting for: SHORTS WEATHER. Thanks to GILT MAN, I was able to score this pair of Tim Hamilton shorts. Online shopping can be a little worrisome when buying clothes, but the asymmetrical button fly on these shorts won me over instantly. Luckily they fit perfectly. Just like the shirt I bought on the same site.

I basically lived in these Marsèll sandals last Spring, and I think they will be making a big return. After missing out on both the Balenciaga and the Giuliano Fujiwara peep-toe booties, I thought I would never be able to obtain a pair of shoes like these. Since then, the silhouette has become a trend that Maison Martin Margiela, Ann Demeulemeester, and Kris Van Assche have all adopted. Options! My beautiful and talented friend Zana Bayne of Garbage Dress made this harness for me. It was made according to my measurements, specifically to be worn undone over blazers, shirts, and other tops and outerwear.

Finally, I am happy to bring out my Goyard Ambassade Briefcase once more. I was carrying important documents and the like, so it was essential for me to use it. Good thing I chose a classic color for my first Goyard. I had it customized with my initials "JFI." I did not know that painting is usually done when you first buy your goods. I had been using it for some time before taking it in for customization, and they said it is best to do it in the beginning before the bag is broken in. I love the look and feel of hand painted initials, and cannot wait for my next custom bag. A Louis Vuitton Speedy or Keepall? Another Goyard, perhaps? Or maybe I will have my partner paint something on my Heritage Leather Co. Canvas Mason Bag. He is an amazing artist, after all!!

- jerome

1 comment: