January 11, 2010

One Ring to Rule Them All


Vintage Turquoise Ring, Luster Ring by Ugo Cacciatori, Leaf Wrap Ring by Denise Heffernan, Claddagh Ring Made in Ireland, Rabbit Ring by Kasukobo Japan, Palm Reader Jewelry Stand by Urban Outfitters


My taste in rings has changed over time. My digits have seen it all from shiny plastic to precious metals. My collection varies in sizes and styles, but I currently like matching different textures and colors, even (brace yourself) silver AND gold! The five displayed above are the current set I switch around and wear everyday. I have had the Claddagh Ring, traditionally the Irish wedding ring, since I was about 13 years old. My obsession with it began after watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, though I continued to wear it as I respect the symbolism in its design (hands for friendship, heart for love, crown for loyalty). The organic look of the leaf ring is exquisite. I acquired the rest of this current crop of rings overseas during my travels through Asia. I love how both the vintage turquoise and Luster rings have a mystical look to them, as if they have power. The rabbit ring is unique to the Kasukobo store in Shibuya, made in-house and 100% special.

Occasionally, I like to throw in some of my favorite costume pieces. My two most recent pieces are from Yves Saint Laurent and Louis Vuitton.


I bought this "Y-Mail" ring a few days after I bought my Easy Bag. It just seemed like a logical purchase as the store was closing and it would never be this discounted again.


Not all of my rings are silver. I like mixing gold in every now and then, which is not very easy to do. More and more of the handbags I fall in love with have gold-finish hardware, so it seemed likely that I would get a gold ring. The Louis Vuitton Martelé Ring is made of hammered brass pieces, including 3 engraved nail heads. I love it!

I fall in and out of love with wearing jewelry. I have a strange dislike for things on my wrist so bracelets/cuffs/watches are almost always out; I have a huge collection of necklaces that I sometimes wear; but rings have always been a staple in my wardrobe. Rings are the one form of jewelry that has been constant. There is nothing worse than losing one! I feel naked if I forget to put them on when I am running late.

- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment