January 12, 2010

Pre-Fall Premonition

I'm a little bit country (club), I'm a little bit rock n' roll. That pretty much explains my current state of dress. Gone are the days of strictly black, draped pieces; in are tailored jackets and hard accessories, natural fibers and classic silhouettes, colors and print. "Where will your leather jackets and strappy tanks fit in?!" you wonder? Blending it all together is the goal this season. Good thing black goes with everything. Here are some looks from the women's pre-fall 2010 collections that demonstrate what I am going for:


Jack and Lazaro, back me up! Navy, duffel coats, denim, and print. Not just cool, but WEARABLE.


These colors, brought to you by Donna Karan, are a big part of my taste right now. Since the other images I am showing have the pops of color I love, I wanted to emphasize these natural nudes, trench and SKIN. I am also loving lavender, sage, and navy.


And of course, it's Ricardo Tisci's world; we're just living in it. He brings angles and monochromatic drama to otherwise classic silhouettes. Do not even get me started on that Nightingale Rolling Luggage. PERFECTION.



Finally, Phoebe Philo demonstrates what I hope to achieve: the perfect blend of color, shape, and texture. I am so glad she is back!!!

There you have it, my current fashion mood. Let's hope that these somewhat reflect what we will be seeing on the runways for menswear. The Fall/Winter 2011 shows will be starting Saturday. Be prepared, sailor scouts!

- jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment